Friday, November 21, 2008

Depression and Worry...

...Are horrible.
Period. (just in case you didn't notice the one that I put in)
I don't know where they come from, but they distort your perspective and make you wish you lived in a monastery in Siberia, when what you're depressed or worried about really isn't that bad. It's all about perspective.
This isn't going to make me die... It isn't even going to ruin the rest of my life... It isn't going to ruin the rest of my academic career, it isn't even going to ruin my year. It isn't going to cost me money, most likely, and if it does, what's money, anyhow... Chances are, this isn't even going to ruin my week. Just one day, and even that's iffy...

I just wish I had seen all this yesterday...and the day before...and the day before...
Oh well...I know it now.

Thank God for perspective...

1 comment:

angela said...

Nat, I love your blog title. That poem is one of my favorites. We have quotes from it all over the house - such as on the coffee maker "I have measured out my life with coffee spoons." For me it is too true.

-Angela Hope